Helping people to age independently at home
A free and friendly community service
The Aged Care Know How Program is focused on supporting the choice to age at home by providing step by step information and personalised advice. People can get the “know how” to navigate their help at home options.
Aged Care Know How supports aged care help at home “consumers” and carers by offering
- User friendly resources (printed and online) to help you navigate the aged care system.
- Information and support from a COTA peer support volunteer (by phone and in person).
- Group presentations to introduce the aged care system and how it works.
Aged Care Know How offers a range of tools to help with the My Aged Care system:
- local helpline (business hours)
- a gateway to personalised peer support (face to face)
- step by step help sheets (with hints and tips to get the right help at home)
My Aged Care is the Australian Governments “gateway” to information about aged care services. It is driven by “consumer choice” and houses a huge range of services (for both help at home and residential care).
Help at home for older people is available through:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Home Care Packages
- Private services
For information, to book a group session or a personal appointment call COTA Tasmania on (03) 6231 3265.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
Home Care Packages