Aurora Energy is offering information and support for energy customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit their website here.
As most of us have to stay at home to quarantine and stop the spread of COVID-19, we will use more electricity. Add to this reduced pensions or lost jobs and paying electricity bills could become a significant financial stress.
If you have trouble paying your electricity bill, you have a number of options to reduce the strain by contacting Aurora (1300 132 003, Mon-Fri 8am-6pm; or online) to:
- Request a payment extension;
- Discuss payment plans;
- Find out if you are eligible to enter the Aurora YES program to help take control of energy usage and bills.
If you have recently become eligible for the following concessions through Centrelink, you can access energy concessions:
- Pensioner Concession Card (Centrelink or Veterans Affairs);
- Health Care Card;
- ImmiCard (Bridging Visa E);
- Tasmanian Concession Card (Community Detention Card issued by Department of Communities Tasmania).
For more information about what Aurora is doing to support customers, click here.