Helping people to navigate the aged care system and get the support they need
A free and friendly community service
COTA Tasmania provides a range of aged care information and support services to individuals and families, groups, and service providers. People can get the ‘know how’ they need to explore the range of aged care options available, whether these are needed now or in future.
COTA Tasmania offers:
- User-friendly resources (printed and online) to help you navigate the aged care system.
- Tailored information and support from a COTA staff member or peer support volunteer (by phone and in person).
- Group presentations to introduce the aged care system and how it works.
My Aged Care is the Australian Government’s gateway to information about aged care services. It is driven by ‘consumer choice’ principles and provides access to a wide range of services (for help at home and residential care).
Government-subsidised options for older Australians include:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Home Care Packages
- Respite and residential aged care
My Aged Care conducts an initial screening and assessment process by phone, then provides information and referral for other services/assessments based on current needs.
People also have the option to engage home care services privately.
For more information about aged care options, or to book a group session or a personal appointment, please call COTA Tasmania on (03) 6231 3265.