The Liveable Communities Toolkit supports councils and communities to create a supportive, inclusive, safe and engaging Tasmania for people of all ages, backgrounds and mobility. The Toolkit documents have information about what Liveable Communities are, how they can be implemented and where to go for more information. You will also find a PowerPoint as part of the Toolkit, which provides a starting point for council staff and community members to present information about Liveable Communities to council and community.
Liveable Communities benefit everyone, and COTA looks forward to helping to support councils and communities to enable all Tasmanians to live their best lives the way they want.
- Tasmania’s Ageing Population
- What is a Liveable Community?
- How do we become a Liveable Community?
- Communicating and engaging with your community
- Digital technology and older Tasmanians
- 10 easy ways to improve your community
- 5 large scale ways to improve your community
- Liveable community resources
COTA has also gathered useful resources about developing and implementing age-friendly or Liveable Communities. They include general guides and checklists, as well as specific resources for each of the World Health Organisation’s domains of liveability.
We would love your input to help us develop these Liveable Community resources so we can share them throughout the whole of Tasmania and beyond. Do you know of a website, program, article or some research that is great for Liveable Communities?
Email us at RosalindH@cotatas.org.au so we can add it to this resource list.
- General Information and Guides Jan 2019
- Outdoor Spaces and Buildings Jan 2019
- Transportation Jan 2019
- Housing Jan 2019
- Social Participation Jan 2019
- Respect and Social Inclusion Jan 2019
- Civic Participation and Employment Jan 2019
- Communication and Information Jan 2019
- Community and Health Services Jan 2019
- Models and Checklists of Liveable Communities
- Tasmanian and Australian Liveable Communities