The Liveable Communities Toolkit has information for councils and communities to help Tasmanians of all ages, backgrounds and mobility to age they way they want. The Toolkit includes information about:
- What Liveable Communities are;
- How they can be achieved;
- Where to go for more information.
A PowerPoint template provides a starting point to present information about Liveable Communities to council and community.
THE LIVEABLE COMMUNITIES TOOLKIT:
- Tasmania’s Ageing Population
- What is a Liveable Community?
- How do we become a Liveable Community?
- Communicating and engaging with your community
- Digital technology and older Tasmanians
- 10 easy ways to improve your community
- 5 large scale ways to improve your community
- Liveable community resources
COTA regularly posts about Tasmanian, national and international programs and events that support liveable communities on the Tasmanian Liveable Communities Facebook page.
Other useful liveable communities information is available below:
- General Information and Guides Jan 2019
- Outdoor Spaces and Buildings Jan 2019
- Transportation Jan 2019
- Housing Jan 2019
- Social Participation Jan 2019
- Respect and Social Inclusion Jan 2019
- Civic Participation and Employment Jan 2019
- Communication and Information Jan 2019
- Community and Health Services Jan 2019
- Models and Checklists of Liveable Communities
- Tasmanian and Australian Liveable Communities
We would love your ideas to help us develop these Liveable Community resources. Do you know of a project, website, or research that is great for Liveable Communities?
Email RosalindH@cotatas.org.au so we can add it to this resource list.