Become a Strength for Life instructor
Do you enjoy working with clients to improve their health and wellbeing, have a keen interest in working with older people and have completed a minimum of a Certificate III and/or IV in Fitness?
Start your journey as a qualified Strength for Life instructor by enrolling in the next accreditation course.
Strength for Life is an evidence-based program that encourages and supports change in the health and fitness sectors to achieve improved health, quality of life and fitness of people aged 50 years and over.
The program seeks to maximise opportunities for people to engage in affordable, high-quality, results oriented strength training programs over the longer term.
Accredited Strength for Life providers (sites) only use instructors who have successfully completed this course, and it is industry best training for implementing progressive strength training programs for older people.
The accreditation course introduces the instructor to the principles and research on which the Strength for Life program was founded and expands the participant’s knowledge of seniors training and training for specific medical conditions.
The two day course covers:
- Strength for Life protocol, health appraisal and assessments.
- Managing the complexities of chronic conditions and physiological changes as we age.
- Core stability and back care.
- Risk assessment (clients and the physical space).
- Fitness testing (physical markers as required for evaluation).
- Postural assessment and strength training applications, including strength training variables, benefits and equipment for over-50s.
- Practical Program application, including warm up ideas, balance, practical strength and power ideas.
Recognised by the peak body for the fitness industry
The Strength for Life accreditation course is approved by Fitness Australia for 11 Continuing Education Credits (CECs).
For more information about CECs, see the Fitness Australia website.
The course fee is $275 (inclusive of GST). This is a reduced rate that we’re offering during the initial program roll out in Tasmania.
Upcoming instructor accreditation courses
- Hobart: Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 November 2019. Venue: Friends Health & Fitness (7 Wilson Street, North Hobart, Tasmania).
Register for a course